Volunteer at the UKTS
Volunteering can make a real difference to your life and the lives of those around you. There is a number of reasons why people decide to volunteer. For some, it provides an opportunity to develop and learn new skills. For others, it offers a chance to give something back to the community and make a difference. No matter the motivation, what brings them all together is that they find it brings forth challenges and rewards.
Volunteering with UKTS gives you the opportunity to:
- Make a real impact and difference to someone’s life
- Make meaningful new connections
- Be inspired
- Have fun
- Work alongside a dedicated, passionate team
- Support people and their families affected with thalassaemia
- Give back to your community
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Learn new skills
- Gain professional experience
- Boost your CV and improve your employability
Why should I volunteer with the UKTS?
- We need you! Your unique strengths, talents and voice matters to us and the work we do. Let’s make a difference to lives of thousands of people in the UK and around the world!
- We do not discriminate! We welcome individuals from every walk of life.
- Wellbeing booster! Believe it or not, giving some of your time for a good cause does wonders for your physical and psychological wellbeing. It reduces stress levels and improves your mood whilst giving you a sense of purpose.
- Prepare to be inspired! Despite individuals living with thalassaemia and their families facing difficult daily challenges, for us their resilience and determination is unmatched. We are inspired on a daily basis by our members.
- You will be a part of a small team where you can gain valuable, first-hand experience working for a charity organisation.
What will my role entail?
Your role will cover an array of office duties from:
- Administration/ Reception duties
- Event management and support
- Help create social media and awareness campaigns
- Fundraising activities
- Developing resources for people living with thalassaemia (all ages) and parents/ carers/ loved ones
- Using your unique skills and experiences to help us improve our services and expand our reach
What will the UKTS expect from me?
- Come as scheduled and on time
- Have passion, dedication and drive
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have patience and empathy
- Be a team player
- Carry out tasks efficiently and honestly
- Ask for help when you need it
- Keep internal information confidential
- Be authentic
- Comply with the policies and procedures of UKTS
I am interested, what are my next steps?
That is great news!!
If you would like to find out more or would like to apply for the role, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to meet you!