Information and Resources
Thalassaemia is a complex condition and here you can download specific information on fertility, endocrine and other issues including National Standards and TIF publications.
For our newsletters head over to the publication page.
Guidelines, Standards & Awareness
- Thalassaemia in your Language
- National Standards 2016
- Asian Awareness
- Emergency Management of Thalassaemia
- A guide for the Haemoglobinopathy nurse
- Clinical management of Non Transfusion Dependent Thal (NTDT)
- Routine investigations in the management of thalassaemia
- Prevention of Thal & other Haemoglobin Disorders – Volume 1
- Prevention of Thal & other Haemoglobin Disorders – Volume 2
School & teachers resources
- My baby has thalassaemia
- What is thalassaemia trait
- Guide to living with thalassaemia
- Thalassaemia. Your Life. Your Choice
- Information for people who carry Alpha thalassaemia
- For people who carry Alpha zero thalassaemia
- Information for carriers of Beta thalassaemia
- What you need to know about Beta thalassaemia
UKTS is very excited to be collaborating with Jules Ventriloquist to create an educational series for children about thalassaemia. This is the first of its kind, so we hope you enjoy it whilst learning some new things about thalassaemia! This is a great educational resource to show the children and we are very grateful to Jules Ventriloquist for volunteering her time for this.
You can find more of Jules Ventriloquist’s work here: Youtube: @JulesVentriloquist Website: https://julesventriloquist.co.uk