Hi guys! Happy new year! Starting the year off with a bang with this chicken taco recipe. This recipe is tasty,nutritious, and perfect for the whole family. The chicken can be replaced with prawns, salmon, or tofu! Small but helpful changes can be made with the cut of chicken you eat; the chicken breast has a lower iron content compared to chicken thighs for example.The sour cream and cheese to garnish the tacos with are high in calcium which is beneficial for your bonehealth and it strengthens your bones and in turn reduces the risk ofosteoporosis. As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe, and any feedback or suggestions are welcomed.
- 100 g Chicken breast
- taco seasoning for chicken
- 3 flour tortillas
- 60 g onion finely chopped
- 60 g tomatos finely chopped
- 30 g parsley finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli, deseeded finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the chicken and seasoning to a large bowl or zip-seal bag and stir or shake to combine.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Cook chicken until cooked and golden brown. Remove from heat and cool for at least 5 minutes. Slice or chop into small cubes- this can be done before or after cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the chopped tomato, jalapeno, onion, parsley, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Assemble tacos by placing about 30g of chicken into each tortilla. Top with a few tablespoons of the onion-tomato mixture and a sprinkle of parsley
- You can top with sour cream or cheese!